Saturday, January 5, 2013

Saturday State of the Stash #14: Paper Doll Dies

My goodness, it's a stashy post actually posted on Saturday! Good job, me.

This week was very die-focused. First, my Vintaj BigKick arrived, replacing the pink-and-rhinestones of the Big Shot my boyfriend gave me for Christmas. I'm not super into vintage, but I like brown and turquoise rather more than pink.

My boyfriend is both kind and patient:

Last week, I ordered a few more of the dies that go with the original Sizzix paper doll die. Several of them have arrived, starting with the long hair die sans its case.

The seller, jbaybargains, kindly sent me a little hank of twine and a peppermint candy embellishment as extras -- but I've forgotten to take a picture! I imagine we'll all survive the lack.

jaybaybargains @ eBay micro-haul:

Just today, I received another three dies -- I haven't even cut anything with them yet! They are the short hair and basic clothing dies.

tonya1231 @ eBay mini-haul: In the realm of decreasing my stash (gasp!), I've made several bookmarks from scraps, which is always fun. I should have them posted sometime in the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. What a great gift your boyfriend gave you. I am looking forward to seeing what you make with the paper doll dies-- Have them and have only used them a few times you may have inspired me.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you and so glad you changed the colour the Vintaj one is heaps better. You are going to love cutting and embossing with that machine. I love the sizzix originals dies you have, it looks like fun in the creating.

    So I have it now Vladimir is grey, give him a hug from me and thanks for letting me know.

    See you around.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete