Monday, December 24, 2012

So Long, And Thanks For All The Socks

My mom sent me some socks -- thick, warm, soft knee-length washable wool socks. As far as we're concerned that's pretty much the Holy Grail of sockness, especially at this time of year.

So I thought I should make her a sock-y thank-you card. Now, I don't have any sock stamps (note to self: acquire sock stamps), but I do have a Christmas set with a stocking in it, and that seemed close enough.

It also provided an opportunity to try out all the new blue inks in the Deep Sea queue got recently. I stamped with abandon! Well, okay, with some caution: I heat-set the ink between most of the layers.

Then, ta-da, I had an excuse to go buy some blue paper. Clearly the center needed blue, not turquoise!

I am very pleased with it.

I'm entering this thank-you card in the following challenges:

Supplies:

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting card (in a good crafty way), lot of work gone in there, I like it.

    Thank you for joining us over on The Cupboard Trilogy.
    Mags DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely fun card and a novel way to say thank you. I am sure your mum loved it.
    Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black and More and we hope you will join us again next month.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so sweet of you to make this card for your mom; i bet she loves it. i love the colours and how it looks like a geometric textile pattern. thanks so much for playing along with us at penny black and more this month.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute idea for a thank you card to your mom for the socks she sent you, b! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really pretty card for your Mum.

    Thanks so much sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    Wishing you a Happy New Year.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Thanks for joining us with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog

    Stella xx
    TCT DT

    ReplyDelete