Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday State of the Stash #5: Candy & Cardstock

I've got lots of stuff (yay!) and not much time today, so I'll try to keep this quick.

Earlier in the week, a little stamp order from rkfkitty on eBay arrived. More TPC Studio stamps -- I appear to be getting rid of temptation by simply buying everything that is tempting. I don't think that's how it's supposed to work... but these were great deals!

eBay rkfkitty mini-haul:

In the middle of October I was lucky enough to win a little blog candy from Heather at Goldiecar Designs. It appeared in my mailbox on Friday, and now I cannot get Christmas songs out of my head.

There were a bunch of Christmas stickers, dimensional and non-dimensional:

And some cute little spools of American Crafts ribbon -- I immediately tucked them away so my cat couldn't get at them. She's unhealthily obsessed with ribbon -- and not as a toy, as a meal...

Thanks again, goldiecar!

Candy from goldiecar: (what I could find links for, anyway)

And then, earlier today, I went to Hobby Lobby. We were in the area and I wanted to see if there were any good clearance deals.

Instead, I found ALL of their store-brand papercrafting stuff at 40% off. At least, I'm pretty sure that "the Paper Studio" and "Stampabilities" are Hobby Lobby brands -- no-where else sells them, anyway.

I got lots of border strip paper! See, it's perfect for bookmarks if you just chop it in half, so I love it. I got solid patterned cardstock -- it has lots of colors that the DCWV strips I have don't. I got pearlized cardstock -- I love the matstack of "glimmer" cardstock I have from DCWV, so this seemed like a good choice. And I got patterned adhesive paper, because hey, patterns. (It says paper, but either it's cardstock or the adhesive & backing are making it a perfectly useable weight to be a bookmark base.)

I also got a DCWV patterned strip stack, because it looked sad and lonely (seriously, it was falling apart). Also, as I may have mentioned, patterns.

I also got a couple of matstacks -- one store-brand with nice patterns and the DCWV Natural matstack with foil (for which I used my coupon). I'm kind of a sucker for copper, and that dang Natural matstack pushes all of those buttons. I go more often to Michaels and Joann, and was hoping to find it there, but Joann only had the matching plain matstack. Now it is mine, mwahahahaha!

I don't actually have any plans for it, evil or otherwise. It just seemed like the right place to write some scheming laughter.

Hobby Lobby haul:

I didn't do very well at keeping it quick. Oh well.

How 'bout you, did you make any exciting finds this week? I love to read haul posts and watch haul videos. And if you've been good and used up some scraps or something of that nature, thus shrinking your stash, that's awesome! Leave me some links?

3 comments:

  1. What a fab haul and thanks for posting my candy and LOL at the poor ribbons your right they have been Unloved lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just look at all those yummy goodies! And a great big Happy Holidays to you :)

    Hugs!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hobby Lobby! But mostly because we don't have a Micheal's or JoAnn's here. I found a Micheal's a month or so ago and got some of their grab bags...what a score! One had at least 40 bottles of glitter glue, the ones you can get for $0.98 at Wal-Mart and Micheal's? And the others all had fab stuff too. I felt like I had won the lottery or something! lol Do you ever get in on those grab bags? Anyways, I came here looking for your WOYWW 179 post but I guess I'll have to keep looking, huh? :) Thanks for leaving a comment on mine, though. Did you like the picture of my mini-haul from OhMyCrafts.com? :) I know it was kinda blurry but those 6 packs of stamps and the bigz die you can see in the bottom left corner(packaging in the top right corner) are all from it, and one die that was backordered is still on its way. Well, take care and fab haul!

    ReplyDelete