Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bookmarks X½: Scrapfish

I'd finished my dragon bookmarks, but my friend was still crafting. Since she'd made her first bookmark with a purple background, the other half of that 12" x 2" strip was on the table. It looked like it didn't want to go back into the paper bin as a scrap. It looked like it wanted to be a bookmark.

So I obliged. The packages of die-cut border strips were lying out since we had been rummaging through the paper bin, and a simple blue one looked like it would go nicely with the purple. I chopped off half of it and stuck it down, a little off-center.

This was the first time I'd actually broken into those packages, and I was a bit disappointed to find that the borders were not adhesive. Is there any possible use for these where you wouldn't want them to be adhesive? Oh well, they came from the dollar bin, so perhaps I shouldn't expect too much.

The bookmark actually looked pretty darn good with just the border strip, but I wanted it to be a little bit fancier. So I commenced to re-rummage through the paper bin, and pulled out a few fish that I'd stamped for the sandy bookmarks but rejected for various reasons. (At this point my friend thought the fish were so pretty, with their color gradations, that she had to talk herself out of staying longer and making more bookmarks. She kept reminding herself that she had book blog posts to write and really did need to go once finished with her current bookmark.)

I too think the fish is pretty, and of course it works very nicely with the blue and purple that were already on the bookmark.

It's a little less-decorated than normal, but I think more would be too much, you know? (Although I couldn't resist corner-punching one corner.) So I stopped here, and I'm pretty happy with my impromptu time-filling creation.

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment